Beauty Mistakes as a Teen

by - March 04, 2016

Remember when you were younger and started to experiment with different make up and your favourite celebrity looks? Did you go out shopping and buy your make up from Claire's? Haha! I think this was the only shop I wanted to go in when I was 13 years old. 

It makes me cringe to think about what we used to do back when we were growing up through high school and trying out the latest beauty trends. 

Here are a few beauty mistakes that teens have made throughout the years:
(All images are taken from google) 


 Foundation 

This is probably on everyone's beauty mistakes list. Wearing foundation was the most grown up thing to do whilst being in high school. I use to go shopping, pop into superdrug and head straight to the Miss Sporty brand! Was Miss Sporty any one elses favourite cheap brand aged 13?
I found that other girls in high school often applied their foundation far too thickly and didn't blend it properly leaving an obvious line along the jaw! Also many girls chose a shade too dark for their skin. To be honest I probably didn't even need to wear foundation at that age! 


 Concealer Lips 

Now I wasn't one to do this make up trend but about 80% of the girls in my year at school did this. Basically they used concealer (or foundation) as a lipstick to create a nude lip look. Personally I didn't like this look so never tried it out myself. 


 Lipgloss 

There's nothing wrong with lipgloss but remember those really gloopy ones when you were younger and those glitter lipglosses? Your hair use to stick to it constantly! 


Mascara 

The mascara overload. The photo says it all really! Coating your lashes in about 5 different mascaras to create the spider lashes look.


Glitter Eyeliner 

I used to love wearing this! I used to buy the Collection 2000 glitter eyeliner in about every shade going  


Roll on Body Glitter 

School disco? Friends party? Going on holiday? This was the perfect time to get the roll on body glitter out and let you skin sparkle!  



Glitter Hairspray 

Another item which was perfect for the school disco. Glitter makes everything better! 

Other mistakes that were made were hair braids, over plucking your brows, hair mascara, bright eyeshdow and adding way too much blusher making you look like a clown. 

Did you make any of these beauty mistakes growing up as a teenager? 



 
 

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great post! I think we all have made those mistakes! Hopefully we dont do it anymore
    xx
    Pauli
    http://liketowearit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete