Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette

by - January 30, 2017


Who doesn't love a smoky eye? Well this palette is perfect for creating that go to look for a night out or even just an everyday smoky eye! 

I am a big fan of the Urban Decay Naked palettes ever since I recieved the Naked 2 Palette for my 18th birthday. So when this came out I just knew I had to add it to my collection.

 


The packaging is made of plastic and has a magnetic opening. I personally prefer this packaging to the rest of the Naked palettes. 

Once you open the palette up there is a full sized mirror, a double ended smoky smudger/tapered crease brush and it includes a mix of 12 shades which are matte, satin and shimmer. 

"Experiment with warm bronzes, dimensional grays, rich browns and deep blacks"

The shades in this palette are: 

- High
- Dirty Sweet
- Radar 
- Armour
- Slanted
- Dagger
- Black Market
- Smoulder
- Password
- Whiskey
- Combust
- Thirteen  

 

  

I feel that all these shades are wearable even for a day to day look. The shades are highly pigmented and the blend well. The only thing I have found is sometimes I have a bit off fallout when I use the shade Armour so either tap off any excess or do your eye makeup before your foundation. 

What is different about this palette is that Smoky contains a step by step guide for various different looks. Which includes: Iconic UD Smoky Eye, Smoky Reality Star, Smoky Cat and Everyday Smoky. The guide is easy to follow as it tells you step by step what to do regarding which shade, where to apply and what brush to use. This is great for inspiration and getting to play around with the different shades. 

For me personally I do prefer the more brown/nude/pinky tones (which are found in the Naked 1,2 & 3 palettes) for my day to day makeup but I'm loving using this one for a bit more of a dramatic look on a night out. I would love them to also bring out a palette for purple/burgundy shades as I think that would be perfect for autumn/winter time.  

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Love this palette too!! Oh my gosh you NEED to try the ABH Mondern Renaissance palette!

    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It looks so nice

    Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try some Urban Decay products! This looks great! X

    www.jadeannloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete