Tarte Maneater Collection Gift Set

by - June 13, 2017

  

I was browsing through twitter back in April and saw quite a few fellow bloggers tweeting about a Tarte cosmetics set that they had found on QVC. Now yes I have heard of the QVC shopping tv channel but I never knew you could also order items from them online, so when I saw people tweeting about it I just knew I had to check it out for myself. I was amazed to find that they had some great deals on brands such as Tarte, Benefit, Bobbi Brown etc. Then I came across their exclusive, special deal which just happened to be the Tarte cosmetics set everyone was talking about via twitter. Now I have never tried Tarte make up before but being a blogger I have seen many reviews on their products so I thought this would be a great oppertunity to try this brand out. 

QVC was offering the Tarte 7 Piece Maneater Collection for only just £43.96! Yes can you believe it?! I researched the products individually and the foundation alone costs £35 so how amazing is this deal. A good thing I found with QVC is that they allowed you to have "easy payments" with this set which meant you could pay £10.99 a month until you covered the full amount which is really handy if you are a shopaholic like me. A couple of days later this gorgeous gift set arrived on my doorstep! 

 

The Maneater collection contains: 

  • 1 x Amazonian Clay full coverage foundation
  • 1 x Buffer foundation brush (limited edition)
  • 1 x Maneater Eyeshadow Palette (limited edition)
  • 1 x eyeshadow brush a 2-in-1 brush with a flat, dense end and a fluffy, tapered brush end
  • 1 x Maneater Self-Sharpening Eyeliner (limited edition)
  • 1 x Maneater Voluptuous Mascara (limited edition)
  • 1 x Lip Sculptor lipstick and lipgloss in Kind (rose pink) 
  • 1 x cosmetics bag  

All items are full sized as well which I was shocked with as I did think some (the foundation for example) would be a travel sized version.


 

The Maneater mascara and eyeliner are both limited editions. The mascara is great if you are wanting volume in your lashes and with the small bristled wand I find that for my lashes it also helps to separate them out and it helps to catch even the smaller lashes/inner corners perfectly. It is a really black mascara and I found that it did not clump my lashes at all. The eyeliner is triple black pigmented and sharpens itself! I have yet to try this out as I don't normally wear liner on my lower lash line in my daily makeup look. I love the leopard print packaging that both of these come in too. 

Now moving onto the Maneater Eyeshadow Palette. This contains the following shades: 

  • 1 x Meow (ivory)
  • 1 x Passion (cream)
  • 1 x Foxy (rose gold)
  • 1 x Purr (soft mauve)
  • 1 x Saucy (light brown)
  • 1 x Hypnotic (shimmering berry)
  • 1 x Midnight (brown)

 

Again this is another limited edition item and the packing is the leopard print design the palette contains a full sized mirror and has a magnetic closure. The palette includes a mixture of 7 liner, lid and crease eyeshadows, and also has one highlighter in shade Lace which can be used on the cheeks, brow bone and inner eye corner. The shadows are also a mixture of matte, satin and shimmer finishes. I love the shades that are in this palette as for my eyes I do tend to go for the more nudey/brown look. This also makes the palette suitable for an everyday makeup look but also great for a smokey eye evening look. I found the shades really pigmented and easy to blend.

 

Now with me never trying a Tarte foundation before I was a little unsure on what shade I am going to be, I tried to do a little reasearch on the different shades that were avaliable and in the end I chose the shade Light Sand. When using this foundation I did find the shade slightly yellowish but it's not a big problem I'll just bear this in mind if I ever repurchase this item. It's so hard to choose the right shade for your skin tone online! haha. This is a matte/full coverage foundation and that is defintely true to their word. The foundation also lasted me all day and there was no need for any top ups. It also contains SPF 15 to help protect your skin.

The lipstick and gloss is such a lovely shade and is definietly one that I could wear everyday. I love the double end, it makes it easy to take with you in your handbag or for travelling.  

 

Now onto the brushes! 

The buffing brush is densely packed and again features the purple leopard print design. The brush hairs are soft and just helps you acheive a blended, even comlexion when applying your foundation. The second brush is the double ended eyeshadow brush. It has a flat dense end which is perfect for applying your base eyeshadows and a fluffy tappered end which helps to define the crease and brow bones. Again with the double end it is perfect for travelling.  

All the items come in this purple Tarte cosmetics makeup bag making it travel friendly and easy for you to apply your make up whilst you are away or to touch up those areas during the day. 

This was an impulse buy haha! I saw it, loved it and bought it and I would say it was definietly worth it. 

Did you manage to get your hands on this collection for such an amazing price? I would love to know your thoughts on it! 

 

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. those eyeshadow colours.. so pretty!

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shadows look so beautiful!!

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete