Trek America - The Trip I Chose

by - July 30, 2019


Hey everyone! So I know it's been a while as I haven't posted anything since May last year but I just thought that I'd come back and tell you all about my recent travels. I have been travelling around the USA for just over 6 weeks with a company called Trek America. I have been back nearly 3 weeks now, so now settling back into normal life and routine and having suffered the post trek blues I thought I would share with you all my experience whilst I was out there. 

Back in May last year, I did do a post where I stated which trip I was going to do and the itinerary but I shall go over it all as a little re cap. I booked my trip over a year in advance for May-July 2019 as I wanted to make sure I definitely got a spot. So I did have this booked for some time and boy, It felt like a life time waiting for it! 

The trip I chose to book was the Grand Trek. In over 6 weeks you will travel the USA across 24 states, from coast to coast and back again, starting and ending in the New York area. This trip includes beaches, cities, beautiful national parks and deserts & canyons and amazing mixture of everything! 



The trip itself lasts for 42 days. Although I added a few extra days to begin with in New York and then booked and extra day at the end to get refreshed for the flight home. If you're thinking about booking a trek, I personally would advise you to stay a few night extra whether its before or after trek, as trek starts early morning of the first day, and you don't arrive back to your final destination roughly around 5/6pm therefore getting a flight home on that day could be a bit of a rush. 

The Grand Trek itinerary included the following:

  • Newark to Philadelphia
  • Washington DC
  • Appalachian Mountains
  • Ocoee 
  • Nashville
  • Memphis
  • New Orleans
  • Louisisana
  • Austin
  • Amarillo
  • Santa Fe
  • Monument Valley
  • Grand Canyon
  • Lake Powell 
  • Zion National Park
  • Las Vegas
  • Los Angeles
  • California Coast
  • San Francisco
  • Yosemite National Park 
  • Lake Tahoe
  • Grand Tetons - Jackson Hole
  • Yellowstone National Park 
  • Cody
  • South Dakota - Mount Rushmore
  • Badlands National Park
  • Minnesota 
  • Chicago
  • Cedar Point - Ohio 
  • Niagara Falls 
  • Back to Newark
So many places to tick off the bucket list!

This trip is made up of 2 individual treks that Trek America offer, the first one being the Southern Sun and the second is the Northern Trail. You have your own trek leader for these tours so you will have 2 trek leaders for this trip and there is a maximum of 13 in a group. For my trip there were 6 of us (including me) that were doing the full 42 days and then we met the rest of the group on both starting days. Me and the other 5 had previously been talking for quite a few months before the trek itself started so that was really nice, as we all got to know each other quite well beforehand and helped massively with the nerves (for me anyways). If you have/wanting to book onto a trip, once done you can join their forum for the trek you have booked onto and this is how you will find out the others who have also joined! 

I had such an amazing time out there and made so many memories that i'll remember for the rest of my life. I am so glad I had the opportunity to go and do this trip, it has made me come out of my comfort zone and realise that you just need to go for things in life. 

I have upcoming posts that will feature the places I have visited and what I got up to! 

If you have any questions about a trek or just anything in general about Trek America then please leave a comment or tweet me @chloe_louise56 and I'd be happy to answer. 


- When you travel alone you learn to push yourself in every situation, to meet people, to try new things and to see what you really love without the influence of others 




You May Also Like

0 comments