Trek America

by - May 13, 2018

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hey everyone! So I haven't really blogged in quite a while due to the fact of working and other things in life that get in the way but I just thought I'd update you all and let you know that I have booked a trip way to AMERICA!

Now I have booked my trip through a company called Trek America which some of you may have already heard of. I had come across them on twitter last year and did a little research about them but I just thought I could never go alone and never looked into it further but then around the end of March I came across them again and just thought I'd have look and see what actual trips they do. Well it completely changed my mind. I just thought to myself that I don't really have many friends or go out much apart from work so why not push myself and go and do something as amazing as this. Again I did my research and spent days looking over the trips that they did and tried to find a trek that would suit what I wanted.

Now this was the hardest part, there are so many to choose from depending on what you are wanting. These range from Beaches/Cities/Deserts/Canyons/National Parks etc. I wanted a mixture of interests included in the trek I was choosing so I opted for their 'Grand Trek'

The 'Grand Trek' which I have chosen is a trek that lasts 41 nights/42 days. I have also chosen to stay a pre night and post night of the tour this is due to the fact the tour starts at 7:30am on day 1 and ends at 5:00pm on the 42 day but you are unable to catch a flight until after 9pm. I thought staying a night before/after will benefit me and I can get myself sorted and have time to myself. The tour has a range of accommodations from most nights spent camping, some nights in budget lodging (hostels) and then other nights in hotels.


Here are the places I'll get to visit on this trip:

  • New York area (Newark)
  • Niagara Falls
  • Ohio
  • Chicago
  • Minnesota
  • Bandlands National Park
  • Mount Rushmore
  • Cody
  • Yellowstone National Park
  • Grand Teton National Park
  • Jackson
  • Great Basin Nevada
  • Lake Tahoe
  • Yosemite National Park
  • San Francisco
  • California Coast
  • Santa Barbra
  • Los Angeles
  • Las Vegas
  • Zion National Park
  • Lake Powell
  • Grand Canyon
  • Monument Valley
  • Santa Fe
  • Amarillo
  • Austin
  • Louisiana
  • New Orleans
  • Memphis
  • Nashville
  • Ocoee
  • Virginia
  • Washington DC
  • Philadelphia
  • Back to New York Area (Newark)  
How amazing does that sound!! All Trek America trips include your own tour leader that will drive you around and you will be in a group with a maximum of 13 people. All tours have included activities and this trek includes things such as a bike tour in Chicago, Cody Rodeo, Guided San Francisco tour, Party bus in Las Vegas and much more. There are also many optional activities that you can pay extra for once you are out there such as helicopter flights over Grand Canyon, Chicago and Las Vegas, Swamp tour in Louisiana, Graceland in Memphis, Cedar Point Amusement Park in Ohio and lots, lots more.

Now my America trip is booked for 28th May 2019 so I have got a while to wait yet but the countdown begins now and I'm literally so excited. I am really coming out of my comfort zone for this as I am quite a shy person and like I said previously I don't really get out much. I have never been on a plane/to another country solo or been away from my family for that length of time, but this is a great experience for me to help me grow and become more confident in myself and I also get to travel America at the same time and meet people!

379 DAYS TO GO!!!

Have you done a Trek America trip before or would like to do one?

You May Also Like

0 comments