Dirty Dancing on Stage

by - November 25, 2014

Hello everyone!

 
Last night I went to go see Dirty Dancing at the Leeds Grand Theatre with my mum and auntie. We had these tickets booked since last year and it was part of my birthday present as my birthday is on Sunday! Time has flown by since we purchased them but last night was the night. I had been looking forward to seeing this on stage for ages and i was so excited as also we were sat on the front row of the stalls and i have never sat in them seats before.

 
This was my view from the front row on the stalls i was sat in seat 10 which was more or less centre of the stage so i had a pretty good view! The only down side was that we were slightly looking up to the stage but it didn't bother me that much, it was such a change being on the front row as usually we get seats within the upper circle so it was really good to actually see the characters faces and see how much effort/emotion they put into their performance.

Now Dirty Dancing is one of my all time favourite films that i could watch over and over again and watching it on stage i was pretty much saying the lines word for word as you all know the classic quotes such as:

"Nobody puts baby in the corner"

"I carried a watermelon"

"Look, spaghetti arms. This is my dance space. This is your dance space. I don't go into yours, you don't go into mine. You gotta hold the frame"

“Me? I’m scared of everything. I’m scared of what I saw, I’m scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.”

The show also featured the well known songs:

- Hey Baby!
- Be my Baby
- She's Like the Wind
- Hungry Eyes
and the one and only I've Had The Time of My Life.

Outfit of The Night

 
Black Fur Gilet - Select  Grey Jumper - Primark  Black Skinny Jeans - Primark  Grey Boots - Primark

I also tried out a new way of curling my hair without heat. To do this all i did was section my hair into two halves. Then getting a little section at a time i curled the hair around my finger and secured the section of hair with a pin curl clip. I then did the same for the rest of my hair. Once all of the pins was in i sprayed them all with hairspray. I left the pins in for most of the day and then when it was time to take them out i removed the pins and then again secured the curls with hairspray.

Here are the results:

 
 
| Follow Me On Twitter |
| Follow Me On Bloglovin |
| Follow Me On Instagram |






 

You May Also Like

0 comments