21st Birthday - London

by - January 15, 2016

So today's post is going to be all about celebrating my 21st birthday in London. Back in November last year I was turning 21, I didn't really know what I wanted to do for it and was looking on the internet for ideas. At first I wanted to have a spa day but the packages were quite expensive for what you was getting and the hotels were quite far away from Leeds. I had then saw an advert on TV for a company called SuperBreaks which you can see if you click here where there are all sorts of trips for weekend breaks away or spa days etc. There's plenty to choose from and I saw a weekend away in London. I chose to stay at the Holiday Inn Kings Cross Bloomsbury Hotel and stayed overnight for 2 days. I went with my mum and we travelled down on the train from Leeds on a Friday morning and arrived into London Kings cross around 10:30am. We then made our way to find our hotel which was only a 10 minute walk from the train station which was really handy.


After finding out that we took the long route round to our hotel we made it and checked ourselves into our room. The lady on the reception kindly let us have one of the newly refurbished rooms. Here are a couple of photos of our lovely room.


 
The Holiday Inn Kings Cross Bloomsbury is rated a 4 star hotel and I thought it was lovely during our stay. It has business services, health and fitness centre on site, spa facilities, internet service and laundry service. It also has its own cocktail bar, 2 restaurants and room service which is available. The rooms and everywhere around the hotel were clean and tidy, the staff were really good when it came to us wanting extra pillows or tea/coffee in our room, we didn't have to wait long for them to come to our room with them and there was always a receptionist on the desk at all times. During our time here I also received free Wi-Fi for the whole duration as it was black Friday weekend. Once we had unpacked our suitcase we decided to go for a little wander back to the train station and to figure out the underground! When we arrived at Kings Cross station I just knew I had to go find the Harry Potter Platform 9 3/4 and get my photo taken!


 
 
 
After that we decided to head back to our hotel as we had a free evening meal to enjoy back there. We had to choose from a set menu so for starters I had tomato soup, for main I had chicken in a creamy sauce with mash and vegetables and then for dessert I had a chocolate brownie with strawberries and chocolate sauce. It was delicious! After we had finished we had a few drinks in the cocktail bar and then we decided to go back to our room and have an early night.
 
Day 2 - We woke up early then went to go grab a full English breakfast from the hotel then it was time to head back to the train station for the underground and go shopping in Harrods! This was the first time I had ever been on the underground and well all I can say was that it was an experience!
 












 
 
I will be posting more about my birthday weekend in my next post! So keep an eye out.
 
 
 
 
 

You May Also Like

0 comments