Kinder Bueno and Nutella Cake

by - April 17, 2017

 

A few weeks back I came across a yummy looking Kinder Bueno cake on twitter which was made by @Abigail__Brown and she gave me the reciepe from @shewhobakes1

I love Kinder Bueno and Nutella so I couldn't wait to try it out plus how perfect is this for easter? 

The ingredients that are needed and the reciepe are all taken from Britt's (shewhobakes) blog Here but here is a step by step guide of what I used and  how I made this. 

  

Ingredients (I have added extra for the decoration) : 

Cake:
  • 150g self raising flour
  • 100g ground hazlenuts (or I used chopped hazelnuts)
  • 200g caster sugar
  • 50g cocoa powder
  • 200g unsalted butter/Stork
  • 4 eggs
  • 100g Nutella
Nutella ganache:
  • 300g Nutella
  • 150ml double cream
Decoration:
  • Kinder Bueno (white and chocolate)
  • Kinder Chocobons 
  • White Chocolate Chips 
  • x2 Kinder Eggs
  • Kinder Chocolate Sticks 
I slightly added more Nutella to my cake though... and I'm not even sorry haha!  
 
 Tools:
  • Whisk (or you can use and electric one)
  • Spatula 
  • Greaseproof paper 
  • Cake tin
  • Bowl 
  • Weighing Scales




First start off by weighing out all of your ingredients.


 
Add your castor sugar and unsalted butter into a bowl and mix.








                                                      Add in the 4 eggs and flour and mix together











Add in the chopped hazelnuts.










Also add in the cocoa powder and mix together. 











Add your Nutella into the mixture and whisk together making sure there are no lumpy bits. 









Make sure you have lined your tin then add the cake mixture into the cake tin. Put this in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes at 140c but I think I did mine on 150c. 






Now let's move onto the ganache. 

Put your nutella and cream into a saucepan and heat for a bout a minute until the nutella starts to melt.  








Turn the heat off and whisk together until the ganache is smooth. Then leave to cool on one side. 








To check your cake is ready pop a skewer in the middle and see if it comes out clean. If not you may need to pop it in the oven a little bit longer. Then leave the cake to cool.  








Once the cake is cooled you are now ready to put the ganache onto your cake. I covered mine on the top and around the sides of the cake. 








Then you are ready to get decorating! 

Go all out or make it simple, as you can see I did go a little crazy but why not.  











All that you need to do then is eat and enjoy the cake. Yummy!

Oh and maybe the washing up too but that can wait, haha!  






This was my first ever cake that I have made and I am pretty proud of how it has turned out. Although I did find that the cake was a little bit uneven around the edges due to using the greaseproof paper and I think i used a bit of a too big cake tin but never mind, it's just trial and error!  I think next time I make this I would love to try and make a white chocolate ganache instead. 

Have you tried making Britt's Kinder Bueno & Nutella cake? 
I can't wait to try out more of her reciepes! 

 

You May Also Like

0 comments