Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel

by - April 23, 2017

Now I’m pretty sure everyone in the blogging world either owns or has got the Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel on their makeup wish list as it is very popular! I have read countless blog reviews and I just knew I had to try it out for myself. I purchased this whilst I was down in London having a spending spree in Harrods.   


Its full title is the “Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universel Embellisseur Effet Hale Bronzing Makeup Base” Yes I know that is quite a mouthful to say haha but you could just call it a cream bronzer. It is described as "The velvety finish of this light cream-gel bronzer leaves your skin with a beautiful sun-bathed look. Wear it on its own, or for a hint of outdoors radiance, over or under your favourite CHANEL foundation."

The packing is simple as it is a plastic tub but yet it looks so chic and sophisticated just as you would expect from Chanel and the tub features the gold Chanel double “C” trademark. I love Chanel products; they look so elegant and luxurious. The packaging also ensures that you can screw the lid back tightly and comes with an inner plastic removable seal to prevent the bronzer from drying out. The only downside I have to this is that it is quite bulky so it is not ideal if you are wanting to take a travel sized item away with you or if you are wanting to pop it in your bag to top up during the day. I mean I have taken this away with me and I do have it in my makeup bag that I take with me in my everyday handbag but it would be great if Chanel ever did do a smaller travel sized version. 

Once you open the tub you are presented with what represents whipped/swirled chocolate mousse. I was quite shocked at how solid the consistency of the Soleil Tan De Chanel bronzer is. Even though it is a cream/gel bronzer it is firm to touch but it does have a soft silky texture to it. The brush I use for this is either the Real Techniques Stippling or Buffing brush. For this product I wouldn’t swirl or swipe my brush into the product instead I use the dabbing technique to get product onto my brush. I would suggest, try and avoid any brushes that you find shed easily as the brush hairs can get stuck in the bronzer, which I found out for myself and it was so annoying picking them out haha!
 

The shade of Soleil Tan De Chanel is Universal but personally I don’t think that it is suitable for all skin types as I feel that it is slightly orange based therefore it may be too orange for pale skin yet too light for a darker skin. For me I find the shade ok as it is a warm shade and buildable if you are using it for contouring. This can be applied either under foundation as a makeup base, over the top of the foundation or even alone if you’re feeling a more natural kind of day. The product applies easily and a little does go a long way! Soleil Tan De Chanel adds a hint of bronze to the skin but is buildable if you are wanting the sun-kissed look.


It would be perfect if Chanel one day did offer this different shades which are suitable for everyone out there and if they did a smaller travel friendly tub.  


Soleil Tan De Chanel retails from £32-£36.00 so it is definitely an investment but totally worth it as you get 30g worth of product and like I said previously a little really does go a long way.




You May Also Like

0 comments