YSL Volumising Effet Faux Cils Mascara

by - April 08, 2017



I’m always on the hunt for a new mascara to add to my ever growing collection in my makeup draw. I have a few high end mascaras from brands such as Benefit, Mac, Bobbi Brown and a lot of drug store ones which include Maybelline and Rimmel but I’m constantly on the search for another mascara. Normally I do use 2-3 mascaras during my makeup routine to give different looks. I love mascaras that give me the thick, defined and most importantly the long length. People are always commenting on my lashes at work saying how beautiful and naturally long they are so I love to find the right mascara which helps to show them off.

I came across the Yves Saint Laurent Volumising Effet Faux Cils Mascara when I was on a flight to the Dominican Republic. I purchased this from the on board duty free range. So I think I got this for around £20.00
  
The mascara is described as: 

"With one sweep of the wand, this lush mascara combines the captivating volume and false lash effect of faux cils luxurious mascara with our deepest black colour ever. Carefully selected mineral pigments coat lashes from root to tip with dramatically dark colour thats simply unmatched, while the triple film-complex specially coats each lash for added intensity, curve and long lasting wear. The result is a dangerously glamourous lash look that lasts." 
The YSL mascara definitely lives up to the description. It adds volume and length to each individual lash creating that dramatic false lash look."
 
The shade of the mascara is Noir Radical which is a very deep black which is perfect! I find that this mascara makes my lashes longer and fuller without having to use lash curlers.

To apply the mascara I start by using the brush horizontally as normal and I wiggle the brush back and forth to move the brush through the bottom of my lashes all the way to the top to make sure all of them are covered. I do think that this can be very thick and can clump easily if you do apply to much so just bear that in mind if you have bought this mascara. I just make sure to lightly scrape the wand against the tube to remove any excess. If this does happen I just use another mascara wand to separate and fan out my lashes, making sure I’ve got all the lashes in the corner of my eyes. 

The packaging is yet again luxurious looking with it being from YSL. I find that the mascara doesn’t flake and although I have read reviews on this from other people claiming that it has smudged during the day for them, for me I have never had this problem! The only downside I do have is that I find it hard to remove on a night but I guess that just shows its staying power haha!
If you are wanting fuller, defined  lashes I would definitely recommend this mascara!

The YSL Volumising Effet Faux Cils Mascara retails for £25.50


You May Also Like

0 comments