The Blogger Interview with Whatabbyloves

by - February 22, 2014


Image taken from weheartit, then edited by me.
Hey everyone! It's time for another blogger interview. Today's interview is with the lovely Abby from whatabbyloves


Want to get to know her more? Let's see what she answered to my questions! 

Q1. Tell me a little bit about yourself and your blog

My name is Abby and I'm a 19 year old studying law at university in Edinburgh. My blog is mainly beauty and fashion posts but I do love to throw a lifestyle post in now and again because it seems to be well received and I love doing them. I really like letting my readers get to know a bit about me as a person so that they can connect with me a lot more.


Q2. How where you introduced into the world of blogging and who inspired you to create your own blog?

I was introduced to blogging through watching Youtube videos. I think I came across one of Sarah Walkers videos from SWalkerMakeup years ago now and I really enjoyed watching her and from there I found Zoella and Tanya Burr. Then when I heard them talking about their blogs I eventually signed up just to read them. I initially had a stab at blogging a few years ago by doing two posts but nobody could read them because it wasn't connected to anything and I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Then two of my friends Nicky and Emma (and Emma's mum) randomly said I'd be really good at making Youtube videos and it was something I really wanted to try but just didn't have the confidence. So then I mentioned I was thinking about starting a blog properly and they've encouraged me and supported me ever since!


Q3. If you could change one thing about your blog, what would it be and why?

If i could change one thing it would probably be the design of it, I'm really rubbish with computers and it literally took hours of work to even get it to look readable. So I think if I could change one thing it would be making it extra snazzy with my computer skills (that I don't have).


Q4. What is your favourite beauty product at the moment?

My favourite beauty product is a toughie because I love so many. I think currently it would have to be my YSL touche eclat because it is a little life saver, it's great for reviving my makeup after a long day, brightening up under my eyes and of course it's a fabby highlighter too! I'm really loving bright peachy and pinky lipsticks aswell right now. I'm definitely in that Spring mood!


Q5.  What is your favourite makeup/skincare brand?

My favourite makeup brand would probably be YSL because it's very glamorous, I love the packaging and I reckon I could manage with just YSL. I'd really miss MAC but I don't think I could cope without my touche eclat so YSL!


Q6. Would you ever consider creating a Youtube account for your blog?

As I mentioned before it is something I'm interested in, definitely. I don't think I would ever do it though until I knew that people actually wanted me too and were going to watch it. So I'm a long way from that yet but I wouldn't rule it out in the future! I'm also really messy and it takes me ages to set up my background for my blog pictures so I have no idea how I'd cope with tidying it for a video!


Q7. Describe your blog in 3 words!

Beauty, fashion, lifestyle


Q8. What tips or advice would you give to new bloggers?

The tips I would give to new bloggers is just don't give up. If you're posting content that you're passionate about and you're making sure you don't have bad spelling mistakes then people will eventually find you and give you a follow. It just takes time! Definitely promote yourself aswell, I'd say the best thing I did for my blog is make a twitter account because it lets other bloggers find you and you can find other bloggers. I'd definitely say try your best to take good quality pictures where you can clearly see the item you're reviewing. Pretty pictures will attract viewers!


Q9. Where do you see yourself in 5 year’s time?

In 5 years time I'm hoping that I'll either be doing my final years of training to be a lawyer or I'll be doing something to do with make-up. I really would like to be a make-up artist alongside law and if I get good enough at it hopefully instead!


Q10. What can readers expect from your blog in 2014? 

Readers can expect from my blog, regular posts, hopefully some look books and make-up looks (probably not tutorials as I'm by no means a make-up artist). I'd quite like to do a few more lifestyle posts aswell because I love reading them and people seem to like reading the one's I've done so far!

Thank you for taking part Abby!

I you want to hear more from Abby and her blog whatabbyloves here are her links! 









You May Also Like

0 comments