Blogmas Day 1: Enrique Iglesias Concert/My 20th Birthday

by - December 01, 2014

Hello everyone!
 
Today's post is going to be about everything that happened for my birthday.
 
As you previously know i went to go see Dirty Dancing as this was part of my birthday present. Click here if you would like to see the blog post. Then on Saturday 29th November we travelled to Manchester to go see Enrique Iglesias on tour. He was doing his concert at the Manchester Phones 4 U Arena. This was also a part of my birthday present. I went to the concert with my mum as she is also a big Enrique fan and my dad came along too as he was our taxi. 
 
Before the concert started we went for something to eat. This was a hard task! everywhere we went the restuarants were either packed full of people and couldnt move, no food left, over an hour waiting for a table or was only letting people who had reservations in. Manchester city was full of people on nights out, waiting for the concert, christmas shopping or at the christmas markets so we went at a busy time but luckily we found somewhere to eat which was a little resturant called La Tasca which sells Spanish tapas, we have never eaten anything like this but we thought we would give it a try.

 
Here is me sat in La Tasca. It was such a nice resturant, really cosy with the candles on each table and dimmed lighting. The meal was lovely! we chose safer options such as dishes that included chicken etc as we didn't know what the food would be like but we enjoyed it once it all arrived and especially the puddings which you can see above. My dad ordered a waffle which came with salted caramel icecream and chocolate sauce and then me and my mum shared a white chocolate with strawberries cheescake which also came with 4 churros and chocolate sauce. This was delicious!
 
 
When it was closer to the time we headed back to the arena. We were sat in block 215 Row H so we had a good view of the whole stage/the rest of the arena. The only downside was that we couldn't see the backdrop that was playing videos as the side screens were blocking it and also as we were sat at the sides we had the look at the screens diagonally. So to be honest i didn't get any good close up photos of Enrique whilst he was performing.
 
Demi Lovato was also performing as a special. She was really good live! She sang songs such as Skyscraper, Neon Lights and Let It Go, so yes i was singing my heart out to it.
 
Then it was time for Enrique to come on. He was amazing! He perfomed for an hour and half. He sang quite a lot of songs which included. Baliando, Heartbeat, a cover of Stand by Me, I Like It, Be With You and my all time favourite, Hero. Which had to be the best part of the Night.

 
Now onto my birthday! Which was Sunday 30th and i turned 20 years old. I recieved money from my family and i also got some gifts from work which included hair stuff and nail art items. I also went out for a meal with my parents to TGI Fridays to celebrate where they gave me a big piece of chocolate cake to take home with me, which made me very happy!

 
 

 
 

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Happy late birthday, hope you had a great day (looks like it !) ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I've just read a post about my list here haha! I had my 20th just over a week ago and I also went to the Enrique/Demi concert! It was so good, nearly lost my voice. Glad to see you had a fab time too!

    I'm also running my first ever beauty giveaway on my blog right now if you fancy taking a look!
    Lizzie // xBeautyMagic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Belated Birthday too!! xx

      Delete
    2. Aww really? Haha it was, soo good! :) hope you also had an amazing time and happy belated birthday to you aswell! Xx

      Delete